- Awesome Music: As they were one of the more memorable singles bands of their time, they lend themselves well to compilations, most notably being Poison's Greatest Hits: 19861996.
- Chorus-Only Song: "Unskinny Bop", "Nothin' But A Good Time" and many more.
- Critical Dissonance: Critics and "real" rock fans did not like this band, but Poison just kept selling out stadiums.
- Covered Up: Them for "Your Mama Don't Dance", and Miley Cyrus for "Every Rose Has Its Thorn".
- Ending Fatigue: C.C. DeVille's nine minute long guitar solo featured on Swallow This Live, which is very pointedly not included in the digital download version of the album.
- Epic Riff: "Talk Dirty To Me" which C.C. played at his audition.
- Narm Charm: If you're looking for some big, dumb 1980s cheese, Poison is the band for you.
- Signature Song: Probably "Talk Dirty To Me," if not "Every Rose Has Its Thorn."
- We're Still Relevant, Dammit!: The title track from Power to the People was basically Poison trying to appeal to Kid Rock/Limp Bizkit fans.
- Foe Yay: Some people pair Poison with Aelthar. It may be because Aelthar is kind enough to grant her an audience when she demands to have her sister back, despite her being human. Or it may be because Poison was genuinely horrified by his death.
- Nightmare Fuel: Well, the book does feature horror elements.
- Maeb's dogs' deaths. Wooding spent entire paragraph detailing the effects of the poisoned bones, including the spasms, bloody foam, and wheezing. It doesn't really help that Poison acts so nonchalant about it either.
- Finding Aelthar and the Hierophant's corpses. They are never shown on screen, but the idea behind them is terrifying. Aelthar's is even more gruesome. His corpse is in a chair, his skin is deathly pale and spiders are crawling out of his parted lips. (Shudder)
- Poison being attacked by Scriddle. He repeatedly stabs her in the ribs and the stomach while Pariasa screams. While he's doing that, the world around them is crumbling, Scriddle's hair and teeth are falling out and Pariasa is turning into a skeleton. This is supposed to show what happens if someone tries killing the Hierophant.