- Ensemble Dark Horse: Major Windsor is one of the most popular characters in the series, for displaying Nerves of Steel during his interrogation in The Prisoner Operation and having a dry wit. His popularity grew after he was promoted to main character status in The Sabre-Tooth, showing him in action.
- Sergeant Shamrock is also fairly popular, for being one of the few Nice Guys in the series. His tragic death also earned him some sympathy points.
- Growing the Beard: Hedge Base was considered a fun and entertaining short about army men blowing the hell out of each other. The Prisoner Operation is where the series really hit its stride by creating a story, introducing Tan characters, and expanding upon the Plastic World.
- He's Just Hiding!: A lot of fans believe Sergeant Moss survived Brown's grenade, as he was never shown dying onscreen. Word of God confirms that Moss did, indeed, die.
- Unintentionally Sympathetic: The Tans. Because the Greens engage in Cold-Blooded Torture and execute prisoners, the Tans have a fair share of fans who believe that they're the "good guys" in the conflict. Not only has Word of God confirmed that both sides engage in this practice but the Tans are still the invading force trying to wipe out the Greens on their home soil.
YMMV / Plastic Apocalypse