- Awesome Music: The soundtrack is great. Particularly "Headless Beast", the final boss theme, and "Nihil Descent", the theme of the bonus level.
- Funny Moments: Unlocking the sunglasses transforms the normal, depressing text into fourth-wall breaking hilarity.
- Nightmare Fuel: Apart from the increasingly disturbing pause messages as you approach the end, the Architect, Nihil and especially the secret ending count as this.
- No Yay: You and the Architect. In the alternative texts, you're supposed to get a smooch from him for all your hard work. He's a real sweetheart.
- That One Achievement: "Untouchable", which you get for completing the game in one go with no deaths. Bear in mind, this game is a Nintendo Hard Death Course all the way through that uses Death Is a Slap on the Wrist just to make it manageable.
- Just as unforgiving (if not even more so) is the innocuously-named "Trinket Collector". You get this one for collecting every trinket in one run. The issue here is that these trinkets only show up in speedrun mode, often in ridiculously out-of-the-way spots that you'd never think to search in, and in order for the achievement to count you also need to speedrun the whole game in five minutes on top of collecting these trinkets. Sure, the game might be short, but five minutes is a tall order even without the trinkets, never mind with them.
YMMV / Pause Ahead