- Cliché Storm: Much of the movie's plot and dialogue feels very by-the-numbers. The numerous shout-outs to other films probably don't help in this respect.
- Confirmation Bias: Ruth and her father's religious fundamentalism, so very much.
- Fridge Brilliance: Why did Zoil stick with two clearly incompetent agents and give them as little information as possible? Not a firm grasp of the Idiot Ball or Villain Ball, but because he was deliberately trying to sabotage the Big Guy's efforts to track down Paul.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: During the end credits, Graeme says he thought Ruth was coming to Comic-Con as Wonder Woman. Ruth's actress, Kristen Wiig, would go on to be cast as Wonder Woman's archenemy, the Cheetah, in 'Wonder Woman 1984''.
- Overused Running Gag: Ruth finally allowing herself to swear and let out many many years of repression? Hilarious. Her swearing every other word for the rest of the film? Not so much.
- Graeme's bullet wound closing up.
- Not to mention Paul's chest opening out as he's healing him. You can see his chest spasming and blood running out...
- Clive mentions that the last time he had sex before meeting Paul was with a woman cosplaying as an Ewok."Clive likes boning space bears!"
- Our Man In Black makes his first appearance and, whilst looking serious and professional, performs the The Ketchup Test on a puddle of liquid on the ground... remember when Clive pissed himself when he passed out earlier?
- Ugly Cute: Paul is basically a Grey with puppy dog eyes and a myriad of facial expressions due to his personality.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: Paul himself, especially. He's so well-rendered it's easy to forget he's a special effect at all.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not for Kids?: If you saw this film in theaters, the number of little kids watching the film would go beyond the number of fingers on your hands. Clearly, parents saw the wide-eyed, cute looking alien in the commercials and, despite the R rating, thought that it's a completely kid-friendly movie. There were even some cases where the trailers for this film would play before kids' movies.
- Tear Jerker: Admit it, you cracked up a little at Graeme's assumed death.
YMMV / Paul