- Moe: Oddly enough. Nancy can be cute when she's jealous, or pleased, or annoyed, or frightened.
- Nightmare Fuel:
- Forget the otherworldly horrors, they're actually kinda cute. Try the humans in this comic. Kyle Whateley is UUUUUGLY. Ditto Ms. Harrington.
- Wait, cancel that, the otherworldly horrors are catching up.
- Kyle is a Whateley. He could be a Yog-Sothoth Spawn himself. Even if he isn't, the Whateley's (and Dunwich in general) had a genepool you could walk across without getting your ankles wet.
- The fellow that is holding the raffle in front of the bank also qualifies, but fans of Lovecraft will recognize that he's sporting the Innsmouth Look.
- Pop. It takes a second to kick in before you realize what she actually just did, which was detach part of her head.
- Ugly Cute: "Eet Food."
- The Woobie: David at the start of the comic. You know someone's life sucks when them getting the attention of eldritch horrors is a major improvement.
YMMV / Ow, my sanity