- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: The closing scene for episode 11 and the starting scene for episode 12 is completely pointless. It almost looks like Erika was finally meeting Kyouya's mother only to find out that the Mama she was introduced to is the bar owner for the hotel. So that whole moment was the writer and Reika trolling Erika and the audience.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Takeru and Sanda are definitely fan favorites.
- Heartwarming Moments:
- When Erika loses her necklace, Kyouya and his mother help her find it.
- In Episode 12, Kyouya tells his mother than he'll come to Kobe more often to see her. Considering that he was initially a cold person in the beginning, this was a huge improvement for him.
- Say what you will about the series, but Kyouya and Erika's married life is terribly sweet.
- Ho Yay: Kyouya and Kamiya. Erika even has a Homoerotic Dream about them.
- While waiting for his mother in Kobe, Kyouya gets hit on by "Big Mama" who is clearly a man dressed as a woman.
- Moment of Awesome: There are quite a few, primarily scenes where Erika stands up against Kyouya.
- When Kyouya got upset that Erika handed out one of the chocolates she made for him, she yells at him for throwing a fit over her being nice and giving the kid something special.
- After Erika breaks up with Kyouya during the Kusakabe episodes, she rightfully calls him out on his terrible behavior towards him. Even when he starts prying about her relationship with Kusakabe, Erika tells him that it's none of his business anymore.
- The Scrappy: Erika to a chunk of the American fanbase. Common reasons include her Love Martyr attitude towards Kyouya after she falls for him, despite her disliking his superficial Bastard Boyfriend act; and her attitude towards Kusakabe fueling the Ship-to-Ship Combat between the two boys.
YMMV / Okami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji