- Better Than Canon: Not exactly few readers have stated that Of Mice and Mayhem outshines Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers both in story and art style. Story-wise, one may say this isn't even that difficult as CDRR is bound to restrictions ranging from in-house rules on what is allowed and what isn't to how much can be done in a 20-minute episode; there are even Rangerphiles who have openly declared that they're fans of CDRR fanfic rather than the show itself. And the art style comes from having been drawn by a professional illustrator rather than a self-taught amateur, with no time constraints no less, and also matching the story.
- Follow the Leader: Of Mice and Mayhem was the first but not the last story in which Tammy is a nurse. Or in which Sparky joins the Rangers but his buddy Buzz doesn't appear at all.
- Funny Moments: Chip and Gadget making up funny medication names.
- Heartwarming Moments: See the first Moment of Awesome.
- Chip's memories of his recent times with Gadget on the first few pages.
- Moment of Awesome:
- The kiss scene.
- When Chip smashes Gadget's glass tank to get her out of the lab.
- Chip saving Gadget's life by catching the poisoned dart with his body.
- Nightmare Fuel: The shot of Chip with the poisoned dart going straight through his body.
YMMV / Of Mice and Mayhem