- Anvilicious: Lucis' presence had caused a great deal of change, primarily in Menagerie. In RWBY, only a third of the continent was inhabitable, but thanks to Lucis' contribution, it has expanded considerably in the last twenty years. It's also become a source of trade and commerce.
- Creepy Awesome: Ardyn Izunia. Name one XV fan who doesn't find him to be a Magnificent Bastard and downright creepy. We'll wait.
- Crossover Ship: Taken to literal, as the story is a crossover. In-story, Yang has a crush on Noctis, and a few fans even ship Ignis with Weiss.
- Epileptic Trees: The character "Devil"'s real name, known by members of the White Fang and Faunus Kingsglaive members, is Flaemis. One keen-eyed reader noted how an "Edan Flaemis" has been an Author Avatar for Daemon of Wrath in a few stories, such as the crossovers done by him and Starlight's Poet. And a character named Edan Lazuli was also recently introduced in Chapter 19, speculating that Edan Lazuli and Devil are one of the same.
- The same reviewer even said that it seemed a bit too odd of a coincidence to reveal that Weiss has a presumably dead twin brother in the story and there just happens to be a masked character working under Ardyn. Could Blanc Schnee be Wraith and work for Ardyn?
- Evil Is Sexy: Again, Ardyn. And to a lesser extent, Salem. And let's not forget Cinder and Emerald.
- Ham and Cheese: Any dramatic moment with Ardyn will likely come off as this.
- Moment of Awesome: The sight of Teams RWBY, JNPR and LAP all coming together to take down a mutated Behemoth is one of the biggest and awesome parts of the story, especially as it serves as an indication as to what the authors have in store for our cast.
- Nightmare Fuel: Ardyn's face when exposing his Daemon self is certainly this, but there's something even worse that was only recently introduced in the story: Daemonfied Huntsmen.
- Strangled by the Red String: One of the major points of contention in XV was how forced the relationship between Noctis and Lunafreya seemed. The writers clearly want to try and rectify this problem if the Breather Episode is of any indication.
- Tear Jerker: The idea as to how this fic was started in the first place: Regis saw what would befall his then unborn son and decided to Screw Destiny. A father was willing to take a whole Kingdom to another world, just to prevent his son from sacrificing himself for the world. Doubles as a Moment of Heartwarming
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Quite a few fans were let down by the Time Skip, as Lucis' introduction to Remnant lasted only five chapters. There are also a few others who are annoyed by the decision for characters to attend Beacon rather than another academy as an excuse for them to interact with the main characters and get involved in the plot.
YMMV / Of Crystal Shards and Dust