- Awesome Art: The pixel art is top-notch. There's also a surprising amount of attention to detail with it. Quite a few buildings allow you to look in and see certain rooms, and there's a lot of minor things you likely won't notice until further playthroughs.
- Awesome Music:
- So far even with little information of what is going to be in the game and where its music will play, there are already quite a few catchy music tracks that have been revealed and made for the game. Examples can be found here and here
- Each character has their own level up tune and when characters are leveling up simultaneously the themes make the song "larger". Awesome music indeed.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: A lot of people are hyped about the Modern Mind, despite having only appeared in a single trailer thus far.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The development team's stated goal of June 2015. Come the April 2015 Nintendo Direct's announcement of a certain young lad's inclusion in the newest Smash Bros. game...
- The Law of Fan Jackassery: Seems to be at the peak point, mostly thanks to the infamous video claiming it's coming out in Winter 2014. Before the video, comments were mostly supportive. After the video caused the game to gain a wider audience, suddenly there seems to be a large group attempting to turn this game into the next Duke Nukem Forever. note
- Memetic Loser: Floyd seems to be gaining this representation in the fandom, due to him being dragged along in the gameplay trailer. This meme seems to have caught on with the Dev team, as the game's Attract Mode shows the direct inverse with Travis being dragged behind Floyd. Somehow, it makes Floyd seem more like a Butt-Monkey to the fans than he already was with them.
- Memetic Mutation:
- Mother 4ever is gaining more and more popularity as the development process goes on, mostly by those who view this game as the next Duke Nukem Forever. Similarly, "Mother takes 4 ever" is also a similar snowclone based on the infamous Duke Nukem takes forever meme.
- "COMING WINTER 2014!"
- The sprite work images of the characters in combat have proven to be incredibly exploitable.
- Never Live It Down: This game's rather lengthy development history nearly reaches Duke Nukem Forever when it comes to memetic status. In particular, their botched winter 2014 release date has become rather prime Snark Bait from the game's detractors.
- Nightmare Fuel: Arguably the teaser, since its sound effects are unsettling and the music goes from somewhat creepy to very evil-sounding. However, this was probably their intention.
- Serial Numbers Filed Off: The game began life and went most of its development as a fanmade MOTHER game. However, after several months of silence from the developers, it was revealed that the game would be going through heavy rebranding to avoid legal issues.
aka: Mother 4