- Crazy Awesome: Shepard in chapter 11. We later find out he was drunk the entire time.
- Funny Moments: Chapter seven. Yakety Sax. Woof.
- Shepard trying to fit in in the 20th century. Also his geeking out at cars and planes and phones.
- While riding atop Tilly's van, Shepard passes a middle-aged man stepping out of his house to get his newspaper. He barely resists waving.
- Leanansidhe mimicking Shepard's speech syntax to make a point to him in chapter 13.
- Shepard arguing with Fitz. Commander Broody McGrumpypants, indeed.
- Heartwarming Moments: Chapter 6: Harry meeting some of the Alliance's engineers. It's nice to see him treated with the sort of awe he deserves for once.
- Shepard watching Madagascar with the street kids in 13. Lampshaded in-universe by Tilly when he realizes that he and Shepard have to get back to work.
- Moment of Awesome: Shepard fights Tessa, Saluriel and Magog in 11. While he mostly gets lucky, he still wins.
- Harry saving a human colony from the batarians.
- Murphy carrying an unconscious Shepard (who weighs about 200 kilos) to her car while under sniper fire, pulling a bullet out of a wound in her side to escape a collapsing lung and then pushing it back so she doesn't bleed out and her firefight against 8 armed shooters in chapter 12.
- Shepard's awesome (and terrifying) Big Damn Heroes at the end of 12.
- Stoic Woobie: Poor Shepard. He shows up in a relatively safer time period than Dresden but he still needs a hug. Badly.
- Tear Jerker: The deaths of the Red Shirt, the Mauve Shirt, Carlos, and Rudolph.
- The Woobie: Harry returns to Shepard's time in the middle of a firefight. He also accidentally causes some of his allies' deaths.
YMMV / Nutss Ghost Story