- Die for Our Ship: Sansa gets a lot of hate, probably because she forced Gendry into marriage even though he told her he didn't want to marry her.
- Harsher in Hindsight: A great deal of the first chapter, especially Arya's wish that Gendry marries Sansa.
- Jerkass Woobie: Arya. She thinks a great deal about her own happiness, even at the expense of others and many of her actions have dire consequences. However, she is aware of and feels guilt over a lot of these things, so it's hard not to feel sorry for her.
- Rhaenys. Despite every thing she does it is difficult not to feel sorry for her or the fact she loses everything she loves.
- Sansa. A lot of Arya and Gendy's troubles are caused by Sansa. She forces Gendry to marry her against his will, guilts Arya for the unhappiness in the marriage, manipulates the situation so Arya is sent away to a loveless marriage, and keeps Gendry from his son out of spite. Despite all this, the author tries to depict Sansa as a victim. She also loses several of her children and her husband's only living son was born to Arya.
- Magnificent Bitch: Alysanne
- Squick: Considering we watch them grow up, the relationships between Aemon, Rhaenys, Alysanne, and Brandon.
- Tear Jerker: The death of Edric Dayne. Arya feeling guilt about how she treated him doesn't help.
- After Arya's marriage to Renly Gendry, drunk and crying, tells Sansa that Arya is his only friend.
- Arya's wolf dreams reveal all she truly wants is to return to her family.
- Rhaenys' words to Aegon when she is bastardized: "I am Rhaenys Snow, and you made me that. If I do not deserve your name, you do not deserve my kisses."
- Chapter 10.
- Elia finally breaking down about the fire that killed her family.
- The deaths of Rhaenys and Aemon. Especially Rhaenys because of how slow her death was.
- The Woobie: Poor Edric Dayne. His marriage to Arya is a disaster, he never has the child he wants, and then he dies.
- Elia who blames herself for the fire that killed her father and her siblings and that disfigured her.
YMMV / No Featherbed For Me