- Anti-Climax Boss:
- Darth Vador hardly qualifies as a battle. You constantly regenerate health during the fight, making it impossible for you to die to his lightsaber, so you can just hold right and beat him in a matter of seconds.
- The Final Boss, Chuck Norris, is a very simple Puzzle Boss. All you have to do is grab a stick of dynamite, fly over to a Shroob cap (the game calls it a Big Mac), then hand it over to Chuck. Unlike other bosses, who generally take three hits to go down, you only have to do this procedure once to win the fight. Additionally, the boss does not attack you unless you walk into them, thus there is essentially no danger to the fight.
- Critical Backlash: The game was featured on Lowtax's Gaming Garbage show as a subject for mockery. However, some of the people that watched the demonstration of the game said that it was considerably better than many of the other games featured on the show.
- Critical Research Failure: Resident Evil is listed as a Nintendo IP, even though it belongs to Capcom. Made all the more odd by the fact that Capcom games are given credit to in the game, but Resident Evil isn't one of them.
- Guide Dang It!: Both of Mario's trials, an Unexpected Gameplay Change to a Visual Novel similar to the cases in the Ace Attorney series. You are not warned in advance that these are coming, nor are there in-game hints leading you to the correct answers, so chances are you will keep failing the trials until either you look up a walkthrough or you get a lucky guess.
- It's Not Supposed to Win Oscars: Those that enjoy the game argue that it's not meant to be placed on the same level as actual Super Mario Brothers games, but that it should be seen as its own thing, although there are those that do place it on that level.
- So Bad, It's Good: There's noticeable effort placed into the game, but it's still a goofy and clunky platformer. This isn't necessarily the fault of the programmer so much as the limitations of the engine that he used. It even became popular on Twitch for this reason.
YMMV / Nintendo Nightmare