- Anticlimax Boss: Glazier, Satan, and the rat.
- Fridge Logic: It turns out the giant rat is a mother looking for her (dead) baby. But rats generally have lots of offspring per litter, implying there are a dozen or so other babies unaccounted for, so Mama Rat's search is far from over...
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The Bishop of Battle. Even more so when you consider Lance Henriksen's involvement in the film (though not in that particular segment).
- Narm/Nightmare Retardant: Ironic, considering the film's title.
- Paranoia Fuel: You'll never see a black Chevy pickup the same way ever again.
- Retroactive Recognition: Lance Henriksen in his pre-The Terminator and Aliens role.
- Special Effect Failure: The rat was rendered using an early green-screen effect. Likewise, the Bishop of Battle and his "minions".
- So Bad, It's Good or So Okay, It's Average
- Unintentionally Unsympathetic: Cooney's fate was meant to be tragic but it's hard to feel for a character that lacked any likable traits.
- What an Idiot!: Are cigarettes really that important enough to go out, knowing there's a killer on the loose?
- If Cooney hadn't ditched the gun then his outcome would've been a little better.
YMMV / Nightmares