- Awesome Art: A lot of the illustrations fall into this. Obviously, you've got Bogleech's own Ugly Cute style, but most of the guest artist submissions don't look half-bad either, from Biomechanicalmush's cartoony drawings that resemble something from The Golden Age of Animation, to Revereche's nightmarishly surreal Stephen Gammell-esque artwork.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Mr. Oogle from Squid's dream◊ is one of the most popular monsters, being illustrated no◊ less◊ than◊ four◊ times by different people.
- Narm Charm: Many dreams feature concepts that should be nonsensical, but still end up being terrifying anyway, such as the woman with a prehensile extendable nose.
- Nightmare Fuel: Given that they originated from literal nightmares, it's to be expected a lot of them are quite disturbing.
- Ugly Cute: Bogleech finds Bobipineman's drawing◊ of Tithe, banker of death, to be surprisingly adorable, despite being described as a hideous half-bird, half-bat monster.
- The Woobie: Poor Worm Man◊. He's just an exchange student with a skin condition he's really sensitive about!
YMMV / Nightmare Beings