- Crack Pairing: While very short-lived, Sanjay and Trixie. A Genie Did It.
- Fanon Discontinuity: The story was started before the series was Un-Cancelled and the ninth season was shown. Instead, the story is set sometime after "Timmy's Secret Wish." Thus, Sparky the fairy dog from "Fairly Odd Pet" wasn't used. Nor was Chloe Carmichael, the character that was introduced in Season 10. Based on the Distant Finale shown in the last chapter, the live-action movies are also ignored.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The idea of using a volcano as a way to destroy magical objects and Timmy almost dying by an anti-fairy dropping him into lava showed up in this story a few months before the premiere of A Fairly Odd Summer.
- Moral Event Horizon: Amanda's parents manage to make her cry on Christmas morning. You will cheer when Norm immediately gives the pair the flu in retaliation.
- They cross it again (if that's possible) in "Tales as Old as Time", when they admit - in front of Amanda - that the only reason they didn't put her up for adoption when she was born is because her grandmother would have cut them out of her will, and that they hate being stuck with her. Which only makes Norm's "The Reason You Suck" Speech all the more satisfying.
- Too Dumb to Live: Amanda's mother and father. They try to get compensation when signing over Amanda to Norm's custody. In fact, they border on demanding it despite the fact Norm is an all powerful genie who really detests Mr. and Mrs. Adams and even when it's clear the genie would have no problem with killing them or doing something even worse
- The Woobie: Amanda... Her parents are well to do, but totally neglect her, seeing any attempt at interaction with her or spending any cent on her to be a waste of time and money. And they've told this to her face so often that she knows it by heart. As a result her self-esteem is so low, she doesn't feel she should be upset by it, so she can't qualify for a Fairy Godparent, and sees Timmy's parents as perfect . Even Norm feels sorry for her, and a lot of his development comes from realizing that he would torture such a girl in the first place. Her reaction when Timmy tells Amanda the truth about Norm is just heartbreaking. Thankfully Timmy's friendship and Norm's own growing affection help her get better.
YMMV / Never Had A Friend Like Me