- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: The Esther Williams Number is justified in-universe as a swimsuit display event featuring a well-known swimmer, but an earlier fashion show for her swimsuits pauses the plot for a few minutes only for some Fanservice.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Not the last time Ricardo Montalban played a character named (O')Ro(u)(a)rke.
- A man with a Spanish first name and the last name O'Rourke, you say?
- Mel Blanc's voice for Pancho sounds like Bugs Bunny imitating Speedy Gonzales, a few years before Speedy debuted (though the Mexican accent had long been one of Blanc's stock voices).
- Idiot Plot: With as big a deal as this polo match is supposed to be, you'd think everyone would know what handsome star player Jose O'Rourke looks like. At the very least, his picture should've made the papers at some point.
- Just Here for Godzilla: These days people watch it mostly to see "Baby, It's Cold Outside" in its original context, plus the obligatory Esther Williams aquacade.
- Values Dissonance:
- Yes, there's quite a spirited modern debate over "Baby, It's Cold Outside". Check out Twitter every December for the details.
- The Latino characters are all the usual stereotypes.
- Values Resonance: She's The Ditz and her character is Played for Laughs, but Betty doesn't get subjected to any Slut-Shaming.
YMMV / Neptune's Daughter