- 8.8: Joystiq's 1 and a half star review, for NES Remix which overall had a fairly okay reception among other reviewers.
- Awesome Music: The title theme of NES Remix which was remixed for the sequel!
- Breather Level: There's one in the sequel for the final challenge in Punch-Out!!. The first level has you beating Piston Hondo in a normal match while the next level simply has you watching Doc Louis train Little Mac, a sequence that's basically a cut scene.
- Game-Breaker: On many NES Remix speedrun challenges depending if you have the patience, you can repeatedly pause the game over and over to keep the challenge clock from decreasing as normal which can lead to unusually fast times. Nintendo is aware of this glitch, but whether if they patch it remains to be seen.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Two of the remixed minigames are variants of Donkey Kong starring Link, made more difficult due to his inability to jump at will... and then The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild came out and gave Link the ability to freely jump for the first time in a long while.
- Older Than They Think:
- That One Level:
- In the first NES Remix, the stage where you have to get through the first stage of Donkey Kong as Link... who can't jump, making the level an especially irritating Luck-Based Mission. To make matters worse, he also can't use his sword to defend himself.
- From NES Remix, Bonus Stage 10, which is a version of World 5-2 from Super Mario Bros. where Mario is always running and all you have control over is his jump. It's widely regarded to be the hardest challenge in the entire game.
- The last stage in Golf, where you have to make a Hole-in-One.
YMMV / NES Remix