- Alternate Character Interpretation: The Mane 6's subdued reaction to everyone being in greyscale could be due to uncertainty about whether or not it's actually abnormal; they've never been to Hope Hollow or even heard of it, so for all they know, it's always been like that and treating it as weird would be rude.
- Captain Obvious Reveal: So the solution to the problem all along is The Power of Friendship. You don't say? Considering it's a surprising turn of events when the power of friendship doesn't solve such a problem, you'd really think it would be Twilight Sparkle's first resort.
- Fanfic Fuel: How Kerfuffle ended up with a prosthetic leg is never mentioned, as the other characters don't even seem to take notice of it, and there's no detail whatsoever as to how she got it. This has led to a wide array of theories among fans about what led to Kerfuffle losing a leg.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The way the rainbow generator works (amplifying a pre-existing spell), is quite similar to Megaspells in Fallout: Equestria.
- The way the generator explodes and how the incident occurred seems to fit similar to how the miniseries Chernobyl showcased Reactor No.4's explosion.
- Strangled by the Red String: Sunny Skies and Petunia Petals seem to go right from Ship Tease (albeit a really long one, starting prior to the events of the special) to the marriage proposal, with no relationship in between.
- Visual Effects of Awesome:
- The visuals of Twilight's teleport spell benefit greatly from the new medium.
- Every time there's a rainbow in the sky, via the Rainbow Generator or Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom, it's nothing short of breathtaking.
YMMV / My Little Pony: Rainbow Roadtrip