- Accidental Innuendo: Rarity really loves Ice Cream Sundaes.
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Did Sweetie Belle really grow out of the things she once loved, or was she never actually interested in them and only did them to spend time with her big sister?
- Base-Breaking Character: Sweetie Belle. Fans appreciate the episode's moral, and found it was totally understandable where Sweetie was coming from. However, Sweetie lost favor with some fans who thought she unfairly lashed out at her sister for not "understanding" her, citing that Sweetie Belle did absolutely nothing to communicate and was banking on Rarity to just read what she was thinking. This also caused some to actually start siding with Rarity, as once again, she is forced to appease her little sister's behavior, which some come to view as exceptionally entitled. Others argue Rarity didn't actually bother asking her what she wanted to do or even try to tailor the day to Sweetie's old interests and tried to shove more down her throat when Sweetie Belle was obviously not having fun. Some also contend that Sweetie Belle is Just a Kid, and has no grasp of responsibility, while the other side contends that being a child makes it all the more important for her to learn a lesson. Another group points out that Rarity dropped in on her without notice and refused to recognize that Sweetie Belle has legitimate responsibilities now. Then that side comes back with the fact that there was an previous episode dedicated to Rarity being a better older sister and not being so self-centered in regards to Sweetie Belle. Either she stays to herself and is deemed selfish, or dedicate time to her sister and declared wrong for just not "getting" her. No matter what she does or doesn't do, both sides joke that Poor Rarity just can't get it right with her sister.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Sweetie Belle growing up could have been its own unique story if it was solely focused on her and may have had the chance to give her a bit more depth. For instance, she could figure out on her own that she's becoming too old for her formerly favourite things to do and eventually switch to new stuff, learning that there is nothing wrong with growing up and trying different things.
- Unintentionally Unsympathetic: Sweetie Belle for some fans. While it was understandable for her to feel like she was being treated like a little foal, it was her harshly chewing Rarity out for doing that made her seem like a jerk to those fans, especially since she never gave any hints to Rarity (who had good intentions) that she's grown past the stuff she used to like, and she was much less harsh to Zipporwhill who was treating her dog Ripley the same way Rarity was treating her.
- The Woobie: Related to Base-Breaking Character above, there are groups of people who felt really bad for Rarity for getting yelled at just for trying to please Sweetie Belle. Even if it was with things that she was no longer interested in, Rarity still went out of her way to do things for her and thought she was treated unfairly.
YMMV / My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic S7 E6 "Forever Filly"