- Accidental Aesop: Sometimes it takes an honest opinion from a fellow tourist to make up for what you've missed, whether or not you'd want to see it for yourself.
- Accidental Innuendo: "Well tie me up and throw me down!"
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Rarity freaks out about Cadence's hair looking like a porcupine, while in Turnabout Storm, a crossover featuring a certain lawyer famous for similar jokes about his hair... She was the one pony who didn't make fun of his hair, and in fact actually praised it! Probably because Phoenix's "porcupine hair" is both deliberately patterned — all flowing mostly the same direction — and is complimented by his suit and posture. The exact opposite of Cadance's rat nest of a hairdo.
- Idiot Plot: The main plot hinges on the Mane Six being incredibly vague when talking to the tourist, while the subplot involves Rarity (a pony without professional stylist training) attempting to do something most of Cadance's royal stylists don't know how to do. Granted, it all works out in the end, but everything hinges on the Mane Six making very stupid decisions. In fact, the entire plot could have been avoided with a simple "Hello, Ms. Harshwhinny" or even a "Ms. Harshwhinny?", or even flagging her down by writing the word "Harshwhinny" on a simple piece of paper like real chauffeurs use.
- It Was His Sled: To have the episode end with Spike, the Crusaders and the pets hiding from the Mane Six doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Their featured episode where it's revealed they avoided detection had already aired.
- One-Scene Wonder: Rainbow Blaze. He only appears for less than 15 seconds in her flashback, but as his appearance marks the first ever canon family member for one of the main pegasus ponies in the series, fans got pretty excited over him.
- Squick: While it's Played for Laughs, there's still something unsettling about the tourist flirting with Shining Armor, a married stallion. The fact that she calls him "prince", a title he earned through marriage, more than likely means she knows he's married, yet she flirts anyway. The face that Shining Armor makes◊ doesn't really help, either.
YMMV / My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic S3 E12 "Games Ponies Play"