- Demonic Spiders: Anything that prevents you from using your hard-
lootedearned equipment against it. This becomes really bad when someone notes that you're just winning and sends over Squidzilla to say hello.
- Funny Moments: most of the above, and a few other things too.
- "Sex Change" curse, anyone?
- The "Staff of Napalm" and "Chainsaw of Bloody Dismemberment" cards.
- The "Convenient Addition Error." Its illustration is "2 + 2 = 22".
- Game-Breaker: In the original Munchkin, a thief with some good luck (or some Loaded Die cards) could quickly become the most powerful player in the game. The Kneepads of Allure — which the thief can steal for their own use — allow you to force somebody to help you with no actual reward, making you as powerful as yourself and the next most powerful player in the game. (The Kneepads have since been Nerfed.) Both of these are countered by the rest of the players pretty much joining forces to rob you of your powers.
- the "generic" monster modifier causes it to attack the next player on his turn if not defeated - if played on something the players can't beat, it may make the game unwinnable for anyone.
- Technically, nothing in the game is really a game breaker since the whole point of the game is to win by being a Munchkin.
- And yet, every single item can technically become a game breaker, solely depending on the number of modifiers you throw on top of it! Star Munchkin only takes this to the illogical extremes with its "-aser" cards..
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The guy on the Fez of Fazooli card◊ (in the lower left corner) in Munchkin Cthulhu looks exactly like the Doctor in The Big Bang, bow tie, fez, tweed jacket and all, with the game being years older than the episode. Stupid Timey-Wimey Ball.
- It's Popular, Now It Sucks!: The online games site BoardGameGeek.com collectively dislikes Munchkin, in part because of some justified rules concerns, but also because of its success.
- Moment of Awesome: Some of the Bad Stuff is brilliant.
- Ogre: Oh, you are SO dead.
- Plasmoid: It burns you to a tiny, dry, black, ashy, flaky, dead crisp. Then it steps on you. Then it laughs.
- The Spanish translation is even funnier: it cites more than 25 synonyms for burning. Trying to read them all aloud to your friends is really good for a laugh.
- Goldfish: Nothing happens, but all the other players get to laugh at you mercilessly.
- Itsy Bitsy Spider: The Itsy Bitsy Spider gives you an itsy bitsy bite AND YOU DIE.
- Great Cthulhu: Not only do you die, but all the other players go up a level, just to mock you.
- Winning the game via Divine Intervention. You're entitled to mock the other players.
YMMV / Munchkin