- Awesome Music: The Magritte Award-winning score by Pierre Van Dormael, who already composed soundtracks for the movies directed by his brother Jaco and sadly passed away in 2008.
- Cult Classic: The film's poor distribution didn't stop it from getting a following of fans over the years, attracted by the lofty themes and appealing production design.
- Funny Moments:
- Old Nemo offers some snarky remarks, such as at the beginning: "Sometimes people call me "Mr. Craft". C-R-A-F-T.... Can't Remember A Fucking Thing!"
- When Nemo is trapped in his sunken car: "I always liked fish. I never thought that one day they would like me too."
- Elise complaining with Nemo accusing him that he cares more for their car than for her because he took some time off to wash it, wondering what's the problem with that car. Nemo goes outside, sets it on fire, and returns to tell her: "There's no more problem with the car." The look on her face is priceless.
- After Nemo gets shot because he pretended to be Daniel Jones, the men that abandon his body in the woods are puzzled by him not being as large as Daniel, which leads into a Seinfeldian Conversation about penis shrinkage caused by age and working in space at zero gravity.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Despite not being dubbed until 2016, the movie sparked great interest in Italy ever since its preview at the Venice Film Festival, and its page on the Italian Wikipedia was written and put together well enough to reach a "Good article" status.
- She Really Can Act: Some reviews have singled out Sarah Polley for her believable and heart-breaking performance as Elise.
- Tear Jerker: It's full of this, enough to have its own page.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: The makeup for Old!Nemo and the David Fincher-esque subtle uses of CGI effects for certain shots and scenes.
YMMV / Mr. Nobody