- Awesome Music: Has its own page.
- Breather Level: The secret stage.
- Cult Classic: Gimmick is a hardcore platformer released at the end of the Famicom's life and that never got published overseas, so most people either don't know the game or derisively compare it to Kirby — which it predates. Still, it is all-around competent and even people like Shigeru Miyamoto felt like it is worthy of praise."And there I was, thinking Id get a good response for making a next-gen game on the original Nintendo!"
- It's Hard, So It Sucks!: Back in the day the game got a poor score in the Famitsu magazine because of its difficulty.
- Older Than They Think: A Kirby knockoff? Nope. This game was released three months before Kirby's debut.
- Surprise Difficulty: Nintendo Hard is in full force here despite the cutesy aesthetic.
- Vindicated by History: When the game was originally released, it got mixed or negative reviews due to its difficulty. Retrospective reviews were less harsh to it, however, and nowadays it's seen as a legitimately good game.
YMMV / Mr. Gimmick