- Fridge Horror: Whatever happened in Canada must have been bad. And not just normal Noodle Incident bad, either. Eddie doesn't say "You remember Toronto" or "You remember Ontario", he says "You remember Canada". Whatever happened there happened everywhere. Even Jane doesn't need any more reference for it than just "Canada".
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Well-loved in Japan.
- Harsher in Hindsight: As of late 2016, Angelina Jolie filed for divorce from Brad Pitt.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- An alternate ending would have shown John and Jane out with their daughter several years after the events of the film. The daughter in question bears a striking resemblance to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's real life daughter who had not even been born yet.
- In one scene, Jane is at a party and ends up holding a baby girl. She has this embarrassed look on her face, yet the baby smiles. "She likes you", says the mother. Later, not long after Angelina and Brad got together...
YMMV / Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005)