- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: At one point the movie basically stops, and we have a scene with baby bears moving giant mushrooms around. It doesn't advance the plot in any way, it doesn't make any sense, but damned if it's not adorable.
- Hollywood Homely: The actress playing Marfushka isn't actually ugly, but she spends the vast majority of the film pouting, whining, making faces and being a Spoiled Brat, which all add up to a pretty unattractive effect.
- Moe: Nastenka.
- Moment of Awesome: "Bring on my fiancee. And my dowry! A really big dowry and MAKE IT QUICK!"
- Doubles as a Funny Moment at the same time, especially when Father Frost starts calling out for help.
- Narm/Narm Charm: Most of the film, but in the English dubs, some man does "Hunchback Fairy"'s voice, ending up sounding like Eric Idle's drag voice in Monty Python's Flying Circus. The original actor and voice for Baba Yaga were a man, though, Georgiy Millyar, so a man dubbing "her" voice.
- When Baba Yaga is put into the oven, she calmly yells "Ooooh I'm cooking! I'm roasting!"
- So Bad, It's Good: Quite a few MST3K fans agree that this is one of the few movies the show featured that's entertaining with and without the SOL crew's riffing.
- Special Effect Failure: Ivan's bear makeup.
- Any reason for the cartoon sound effects, such as the clanging pot whenever Baba Yaga hits herself in the head?
- Tear Jerker: Nastenka's Heroic Sacrifice for the sake of her father is played straight and surprisingly effective.Nastenka: Good-bye, Daddy... Remember your daughter who loved you...
- Widget Series: Weird Russian Film. Or Weird American Audience, for Russians and Czechs.
YMMV / Morozko