- Alternate Aesop Interpretation:
- Rather than a straight warning against the corporate modern world, the aesop of this movie might just be that different people enjoy different things and trying to force them to do it your way will make you both miserable.
- A little excess is enjoyable but too much will do you no good.
- Awesome Art: The colours in this film are gorgeous particularly the Riviera itself.
- Broken Base: When the film was announced there was a backlash from a subset of fans that wanted the film to be part of the nineties anime canon rather than directly based on the comic strip.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: The fans who were expecting a return to the nineties anime feel this way.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: Any of the regular cast that stayed behind in Moominvalley.
- Ugly Cute: Many of the background characters since this trope was a part of Jansson's style of drawing.
- The Woobie: By the time she leaves for the beach, you'll probably want to give Moominmama a hug.
YMMV / Moomins on the Riviera