- Awesome Art: Vibrant complementary pastels and clean but complex and intricate geometrical design leaves the whole game looking like a designer student's wet dream.
- It's Easy, So It Sucks!: One of the main complaints about the game is its puzzles' lack of difficulty. Word of God is that it was never intended to be very challenging, with the appeal simply being the experience.
- It's Short, So It Sucks!: Another common complaint; on average, people have reported completing the game in one to one-and-a-half hours. Wouldn't be so bad if it didn't cost $3.99.
- Tear Jerker: Ida leaving the flower on the grave.
- The Woobie: That poor totem suffers through so much crap in aiding Ida, dismemberment and getting left behind on the ocean floor chief among them. It always comes back, though.
YMMV / Monument Valley