- Acceptable Professional Targets: If Todd's confrontation with a passenger is any indication, anyone related to the army or to research of the arcane is bound to get a lot of flak.
- Are You Sure This Is For Kids: Averted: you are warned in the site's description that the comic is meant for older audiences 13 and up. Though if one were going by MPAA ratings standards, it perhaps has a few too many F-bombs (especially from Jaymi) for PG-13.
- Broken Base: Nigellus's Nightmare Fuel sequence, starting at page 42. Either you like the exposition and character development, or you hated it for being generally slow and overly emphasizing certain... traits.
- Creator's Pet: Kilo
- Designated Heroes
- Impossibly Cool Clothes: Kilo has a rather... unique wardrobe.
- Moral Event Horizon
- Viewer Gender Confusion: NIKA has no Tertiary Sexual Characteristics whatsoever, and the creator had to remind people on Tumblr that she's a girl.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not for Kids?
- What Measure Is A Non Bad Ass: Talbot
YMMV / Monsters Garden