- Ensemble Dark Horse:
- King Caesar, big time. He was already this in his debut movie, but this version of the character is also loved for being a Nice Guy as well as a charismatic Romeo who can cook up some decent rapping numbers and mantains a pretty decent friendship with his fellow monsters. Him being retired for good after his voice actor's demise was a tragic blow for the fans.
- Battra. He's got an awesome Evil Sounds Raspy voice, is The Comically Serious and his "Fear Battra!" catchphrase is pretty fitting.
- Heartwarming Moments: The entire montage of Anguirus and Minilla in "Anguirus" really shows how loyal and helpful Anguirus has been to Minilla.
- Jerkass Woobie: Godzilla and Rodan may be a lazy alcoholic and a hot tempered womanizer respectively, but they do have their moments in which you actually can feel sorry for them.
- Launcher of a Thousand Ships: Mothra. She gets paired up with King Ghidorah, Rodan, Godzilla and Battra.
- Moral Event Horizon: Believed to be crossed by King Kong, when he shows a video of Godzilla and Mothra having sex to Fire Rodan, making him literally fly into a rage and causing him to attack Godzilla, who is forced to defend himself. During the fight, Godzilla absorbs some of Rodan's fire power, causing him to become Burning Godzilla, which as we know, is a fatal stage in Godzilla's life.
- General Gigan crosses it by murdering Jet Jaguar in an alternate future.
- The Cloverfield Monster killing Baragon in "Gamera Returns". Subverted in which Baragon is actually alive, he just feigned his death to avoid the violent Monster Island lifestyle and pursue his career as an actor in Hollywood.
- Tear Jerker: For a cheaply-made comedy series, this show can have some truly emotional moments:
Minilla: I'm sorry but, nobody here loves me! It's because I'm stupid!
- Rodan's Heroic Sacrifice in season 2 finale. Before performing it, he ultimately blurts out his feelings to Mothra and then flies toward Mecha-King Ghidorah, destroying them both in the impact. Doesn't help the whole scene is a Shout-Out to The Iron Giant climax. Godzilla's grief afterwards and his guilt are pretty saddening too, specially considering that his drug addiction caused him to behave like an asshole toward most of his friends.
- Godzilla's speech to his fellow Monster Island Buddies and his eventual Heroic Sacrifice in the Season 4 Finale.
- Episode 78 "Minilla". The divorce Godzilla has between Jirass and Minilla's goodbye to his only friend (at the time), Anguirus.
- This episode also confirmed that Minilla, even as a child, was well aware of what others feel about him.
- MIB recently posted that King Caesar and Kumonga's voice actor has died, and King Caesar has been officially retired.
YMMV / Monster Island Buddies