- Anvilicious: Relena Peacecraft's at the end is pretty obviously the author listing a bunch of beliefs they hold - a few examples of said opinions are:
- English should be made the official language of the United Statesnote
- Cell phone jammers should be installed in movie theaters
- Illegal immigrants - with the exception of those who arrived as minors - should be deported immediatelynote .
- Bile Fascination: If the number of reviews the fanfic got on Fanfiction.net are any indication, a lot of people disliked this series, yet finished it anyways, although quite a few of them stayed just because of how insane the fanfic did get when it actually did deviate from the standard formula for battlesnote .
- Critical Research Failure: As one reviewer has pointed out, there are 193 countriesnote , yet the tournament only shows 32 - while G Gundam also had this problem, it was justified there due to the fact that a), all the Gundams were vastly different, b), it was much more cartoonish, and c), real world nations were not usednote . What makes this even more baffling is that there's no real rhyme or reason to what countries are selected, and countries that are poorer (for example, Iran), are often shown to perform better than countries that are richer (such as Australia).
- Hilarious in Hindsight: A Gundam (or rather, Gundam-esque) series with heavy Girls' Love elements might not have seemed that plausible in 2007, when this series came out. Then along comes Cross Ange...
- Due to this fanfic being written in 2007-2008, it doesn't feature any characters from Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans... which has a canonical lesbian couple in the form of Atra Mixta and Kudelia Aina Bernstein (although Word of God has confirmed that the two are married, it has not confirmed if the two are actually in love or if they just wanted to give Mikazuki's son a stable home).
- So Bad, It's Good: The repeated scenes are funny for about three repetitions, then become sleep-inducing. Then become funny again.
- Strangled by the Red String: Pairings are simply stated, with no development or differentiation from all the other characters.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: The idea of having characters from multiple Gundam continuities in the same story is this, due to the fact that all of them suffer from Adaptational Personality Change, and behave nothing like their canon counterparts - it's almost as if they're from an A.R World.
- The few times that the series does actually try to change up the battles, said changes end up going nowhere - for example, in one chapternote , the Iraqi Gundam has a machine gun instead of a beam rifle. Yet the battle is pretty much the same as any other battle.
- In chapter 25, the Polish pilot is killed off...yet this doesn't go anywhere. Instead of seeing other nations try and take out the pilots outside of their Gundams...nothing happens. It's worth noting that in G Gundam, this was a plot point for one episode, with the fighter of Neo Tibet focusing on assassinating his opponents before he had to fight them.
- The Massively Multiplayer Crossover aspect composed entirely of Gundam characters could've been a lot more interesting if, instead of having the cast randomly sorted between nations, the teams consisted of characters from the same series, making the series more of a Super Robot Wars fic focused solely on Gundam series...but that doesn't happen.
YMMV / Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament