- Hollywood Pudgy: Missy was genuinely overweight during her early career, but around 2002 she slimmed down considerably and has mostly been average weight or even thinner than average since then. However, on many of her later songs she still describes herself as "chubby" or "thick" (generally in a celebratory way).
- Later Installment Weirdness: In contrast to all her other albums, which were produced almost entirely by Missy and Timbaland together, The Cookbook, her last album to date, features production from multiple producers and only 2 songs produced by Timbaland, giving it a very different sound.
- Memetic Mutation: "I put my thing down, flip it and reverse it."
- Moment of Awesome: Her MTV Video Vanguard performance in 2019, recreating all of her classic videos onstage with insane set-pieces, detailed visual effects, and rapid fire costume changes in under seven minutes. A big get of the night was Alyson Stoner reprising her dance number from "Work It" a whole fourteen years after appearing in the original video. Fans were stunned to find out it was the same girl as before.
- More Popular Spinoff: Missy Elliott was previously a member of a group called Sista, which released one album in 1994 but had very limited success.
- Signature Song: "Get Ur Freak On", "Work It", "We Run This"
YMMV / Missy Elliott