- Fan-Preferred Couple: Many fans seem to prefer Ayase/Seiji more than the official couple.
- Heartwarming in Hindsight: Kouta is a Bi boy shown in a mostly positive light in a manga that isn't Bara Genre, Yaoi Genre, Otokonoko Genre, or even Shōjo (Demographic), it would take some years before that'll happen again. Neither gets their Love Interest but they aren't treated like freaks or jokes like some series used to do either.
- Ho Yay: One-sided, from Kota as he gets to know Seiji in the manga; also Les Yay between a couple minor characters in the manga
- Moral Event Horizon: The crowd of students who did nothing to stop a helpless girl from getting dragged off by four guys who pretty much outright say they plan on raping her. You could hear the crowd whispering amongst themselves, saying that a stuck up girl like Ayase deserved it.
- One True Threesome: Kota briefly fantasizes about being in one with Seiji and Midori.
- Toy Ship: Shiori and Tohyama.
- Woolseyism: Kota spews off an idealistic speech about the beauty of understanding, throwing in a reference to the Earth as a spaceship.Japanese gang member: Shut him up!English gang member: That's it! I'm killin' the Trekkie!
YMMV / Midori Days