- Awesome Music: The whole album qualifies, but particular mentions would go to "Overture 1928", "Beyond This Life", "Home", and "Finally Free."
- "The Dance of Eternity" also deserves mention as a perennial contender for the crown of Dream Theater's best instrumental.
- Fridge Horror: It's implied that Victoria's communications with Nicholas are to warn him that the Hypnotherapist is going to kill him, because he is Edward reincarnated. If this is the case, then it's entirely possible that The Miracle will continue to murder further reincarnations for the rest of eternity. As if being killed once wasn't bad enough.
- Nightmare Fuel: Many Spoken Word parts may come across as this. There is the sexual grunting that can be heard at the start of the instrumental portion of "Home", the killing scene in "Finally Free", and don't even get us started on the Last Note Nightmare at the end of the album.
- Tear Jerker: There are several very powerful ones in this album including "Through Her Eyes", "The Spirit Carries On" (which doubles as a Heartwarming Moment), and "Finally Free" (especially the part before Nicholas' last lines)
YMMV / Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory