- Ho Yay:
- Arou with Namiki (doubles as Foe Yay):Namiki: So, you're finally back. Idiot. Do you know how much you had...[Arou blushes]Namiki: ... Kanade worried?Arou: .........
- Another example:Kanade: Arou-kun, you actually have a yukata, too?Arou: ... I borrowed it from Namiki.Namiki: And I was the one who dressed him!
- Arou with Honma, his classmate from junior high:Honma: I was sooo happy at that moment! It was kinda like being with an unfriendly cat that you suddenly manage to win over! I wanted to give him a hug right then and there!Kanade: You must have... really liked him![pause]Honma: Arou is... special.
- Arou with Namiki (doubles as Foe Yay):
- Jerkass Woobie: Sou is a character you want to punch a little but sympathize with at the same time. At one hand, he puts Arou in so much trauma trouble by leading him towards an overdose of memories of Sanae, including her death, and even tries to endanger Arou (by pushing him into moving traffic) in order to get into the same situation as Arou did when Sanae died so he'd be able to unlock the unlimited extent of power to see the past that Arou has. But on the other hand, you can sympathize with Sou because he just wants to see his only sister Sanae again.
- Les Yay: Kanade and Eri.
- Moe: Kanade and her mother
- Tastes Like Diabetes
- The Woobie: Everyone has their moments, but especially Arou. But Namiki makes a close second.
YMMV / Mekakushi no Kuni