- Awesome Music: YHVH and Satan actually get their own unique battle music, OMEGA, that's so nice many fans of Shin Megami Tensei II are outright disappointed the last several bosses of said game share the same song by comparison.
- Many tracks are considered this, thanks in part to a memory mapper that produces higher sound quality than the average NES soundtrack.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: SEVERAL. Namely the Kuchinawa Sword sidequest, the Nihilist Sword sidequest and Zaratan Island.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: There's a puzzle where you have to figure out which of four children has been replaced by a demon. The children's names are Aleph, Gimmel, Daleth, and Zayin, whose names (based on the Phoenician alphabet) would be used for four major characters in Shin Megami Tensei II. The answer is Zayin, a twist repeated in SMT II, where Zayin is revealed to be Satan.
- Nightmare Fuel: How does losing your arm and having to walk around a post-apocalyptic Tokyo sound to you?
- Suspiciously Similar Song: The ending theme, "Dawn of the Human Being", which sounds a little bit like the theme song from Star Trek: The Motion Picture.
- The Casino theme, "I Love Money" sounds a lot like "Johnny B. Goode".
- That One Boss: Many. Tiamat, the Hydras, Moloch (who can use Mediarahan up to 9 times!), Lucifer (should you choose to fight him) and Satan.
- That One Level:
- Zaratan Island. You have to explore two opposite ends of the dungeon and you take damage every few steps, PLUS there are random encounters. Hope you have enough MP to keep everyone healthy!
- Bael's Castle with its random teleports that send you back outside the dungeon also qualifies.
- Astaroth's Castle. In a game where Standard Status Effects aren't useless by any stretch of the imagination, at least in your enemies' hands, a dungeon where the most common enemy can put you to sleep, cause panic, or worst of all (because it doesn't come off through walking) paralyze you easily would already be That One Level, but this game one-ups even that: just before you enter the dungeon, Astaroth kidnaps the Partner, who may easily be your only means of healing from the various problems you run into, especially Standard Status Effects and particularly paralysis.
YMMV / Megami Tensei II