- Captain Obvious Reveal: You'll probably have figured out it's Wily behind everything long before the official confirmation, especially in the final fortress where the game gives up trying to really hide it and starts slavering his logo across the background.
- Ending Fatigue: The third game is notably longer than the others. Besides the opening stage, an intermission stage and ten Maverick stages, you've got an extra five stages on Planet Maverick and three fortresses of four to five stages each to go through.
- The Super Energy Capsule. Full LE and WE for only 20 WE? You can pretty much sell all but your status recovery items once you buy this. It's only limited by the fact that it's only available in the last game and is the second-most expensive item, so to get it, you'll have to sacrifice more powerful attacks and equipment to use it anytime soon.
- The Ultimate Armors with their no-WE cost attacks, but those are intentional.
- Growing the Beard: The second game is where things really got good, staying truer to the source material and setting the tone the rest of the games would follow.
- Most Annoying Sound: Mavericks Final gives voice clips to the regular encounters, all of them from CWP-01. Expect to hear "Eliminate!" many times in slightly varying tones.
- Narm: The second fight against Dr. Weil in the third game has him pull out one of Dr. Wily's old machines to fight with. Yes, intended as foreshadowing as to Wily's involvement, but the moment is undercut by the fact that you're facing one of the scariest Mega Man Big Bads riding around in a giant skull mech with a pair of Gamma fists.
- Scrappy Weapon: The Lightning Web. Besides being one of the few special weapons that can miss, it has a 50/50 chance to either inflict damage or paralysis, the latter of which is useless against bosses. This makes it much less effective against its boss than you would think.
- Tier-Induced Scrappy: Fefnir and Harupia get this in the fourth game, due to the fact that they're the only ones who can't use special weapons outside of their purchasable skills, greatly reducing their usefulness until you buy them. Even then, they still lack the diversity of the other party members due to the far heavier emphasis of proper special weapon choice.
YMMV / Mega Man X Mavericks