- Awesome Music: Essentially the entire score due to it being composed by Thomas Newman, but especially the majestic piece "That Next Place".
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The scenes where Death speaks in patois with the old Jamaican woman become hilarious when one remembers that in The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Death actually is Jamaican.
- The scene near the beginning where Death's eventual vessel meets a girl in a coffee shop, then proceeds to stare back at her as he walks away... while standing in the middle of the street. At that point, you're expecting him to get hit by a car, and indeed he does. But the true hilarity comes from him being flung around by the impact and hitting another car or two.
- Death really loves peanut butter.
- Padding: Detractors note the excess of it in this three-hour-long movie.
- Tear Jerker: The ending. Not a Downer Ending, it's just touching.
- Uncanny Valley: Brad Pitt's first appearance as Death is a three and a half minute scene, during which he blinks exactly once. His inflection is also creepily wrong note .
- The Woobie: Oh heck, everyone who's nice in this film needs a hug! Which they all get at the party, come to think of it.
- But especially poor, poor Quince.
YMMV / Meet Joe Black