- Anvilicious: Sex slaves are bad. You are a sick, sick pervert for liking shows like this. You are a horrible person for liking girls beating each other up. And it gets worse from there.
- Audience-Alienating Premise: It's a Panty Fighter anime that turns into a Take That! at people who like Panty Fighter anime, but indulges too much in the elements that it's supposed to be criticizing to appeal to people who hate Panty Fighter anime and thus ends up appealing to no one.
- Broken Base: The final episode slamming the audience with a massive info dump and plot twist after plot twist that just stop making sense after a while. For some the show goes from a typically bad fanservice anime into gloriously incompetent So Bad, It's Good territory. For others it just ends up tasteless and hateful both in its ideas and their presentation.
- Do Not Do This Cool Thing: If the entire idea of the series is that Panty Fighter anime are bad, then the sheer amount of nudity is probably the wrong way to go.
- Moral Event Horizon: The main architects behind the remade Platonic Hearts tournament: Miko, Haruki and Natsume. Seeing as they're behind almost everyone of the horrific events that the tournament brings, most notably the sexual slavery brought onto the losers.
- Sure it's hopeful that the lady in red can bleed over 15 liters of blood from her head. To cap it off, the brutality of Aya beating her is undercut by the standard punch sound-effects which just end up goofy.
- The ending with Natsume's mother silent scream and black view, also known as the "Shallow Cheap Hentai Angst Ending" in the circles.
- If you weren't down with this anime for the first four episodes then the infodumped thirty twist pileup in episode 5 will make it all worthwhile. The fact that it comes completely out of nowhere helps too.
- Shocking Swerve: Episode 5 is the epitome of this since everything that happens in it is never foreshadowed in previous episodes.
- Special Effect Failure: The sound effect used when the kimono lady claps at Aya's performance in the third episode does not sound like clapping in the slightest.
YMMV / Master of Martial Hearts