- Americans Hate Tingle: It was a mild success in Japan (and Indonesia, as it was serialized in the local version of Nakayoshi), spawning a sequel and an anime series, but the manga is considered mediocre at best in America. The sequel manga wasn't even licensed.
- Broken Base: The anime. Is it So Bad, It's Good or So Okay, It's Average? Generally, the consensus is that is So Bad, It's Good. On the other hand, TV.Com gave it a 9/10, and IMDB gave it a 7.3/10.
- The Manga goes through the same, though it's usually better regarded than the anime.
- Cliché Storm: Dear GOD.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Sun and Forte, especially for their backstories.
- Fridge Horror: Rokka is 5 years old. Where'd she learn to act like that?
- So Bad, It's Good: The Anime is much more divisive than the manga, but the general consensus is that it's this.
- So Okay, It's Average: The general consensus of the original manga
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Action, adventure, and magical elements are often pushed out of the way to make room for ridiculously cliched comedy and romance.
YMMV / Mamotte! Lollipop