- Acceptable Targets: Journalists, in part how they ask leading questions meant to catch heroes off-guard.
- Fridge Horror:
- The Psi-Clone impersonating as Mark cheating on Abby with Amazonia. If things had gone farther with Amazonia, Double Standard: Rape, Sci-Fi would have ensued. It's no surprise that Amazonia gives the Psi-Clone a Death Glare at the end of the storyline while he's in custody.
- The Evil Brain attempts to use a tiki statue to pull a Grand Theft Me on the Crusader. Fortunately it backfired so that Mark and Abby switched instead but if he had succeeded, he could have easily endangered a pregnant Abby.
- Jerk Ass Woobie:
- Amazonia. She grows out of the Jerkass part when she gifts a wedding dress to Abby, and the Woobie part when she starts dating Darkblade.
- Quincy as The Unfavorite. Mark doesn't like him for having a Small Name, Big Ego, and neither does anyone else in the family. Come the comic's conclusion, he's frantic when Chicago weather cancels his flight before he can be there for Abby while she's in labor. Fortunately, Mark as a favor to Abby gives Quincy a lift, in costume.
- Moral Event Horizon: The Evil Brain crosses it during a storyline where he kills Mark using time-travel.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: It's a very happy sort of story, about a loving couple and their supportive friends set in a world where most people seem to be fundamentally good. To its credit, it's usually cute and funny enough to avoid this trope. But sometimes, the sheer, rampant positivity can be a little overwhelming...
YMMV / Love and Capes