- Canon Defilement: Played for drama and horror, with characters from Alice in Wonderland, Snow White, and Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea.
- Crazy Awesome: Doctor XXX, while incredibly evil and twisted, is also epically insane and over-the-top.
- Creepy Awesome:
- Most of the Magician's Council.
- Doctor Facilier's villain song, "Put a Feather in Your Hat", with fireworks, musical skeletons, and dancing tombstones.
- Jack Skellington in University.
- See also the Evil is Cool entry below.
- Critical Research Failure: Agent F should actually be named Fletcher, not Flynn, since he's Ferb's grandpa.
- Crosses the Line Twice: Hitler's Villain Song.
- Evil Is Cool: Alice, the Headless Horseman, and even Doctor XXX can all get this reaction.
- First Installment Wins: Fantasia has gotten much more attention and favorites than University.
- Fridge Brilliance:
- Fantasia is about a devastating war and the characters involved in it, while University is much Lighter and Softer and more sitcom-ish, rather jarringly so. This becomes genius when you realize that University draws more from modern Disney output such as Disney Channel, which generally leans more towards domestic situations and comedy, while the older Disney Animated Canon that Fantasia draws from is about struggles between the forces of good and evil. The stories' tones match their primary source materials.
- In The Lion King, Scar's Villain Song was based off of scenes in Triumph of the Will. So it makes sense that a human version of Scar would be a Nazi.
- In 1971's Disney on Parade, Yen Sid was identified as "Merlin the Magnificent"—presumably the makers of the special weren't aware that the character already had a name due to his obscurity. This might be why they're one and the same person in the fic.
- Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea is loosely based off of The Little Mermaid. In Fantasia, twisted versions of the main character attack the characters from The Little Mermaid.
- Genius Bonus: The references to the more obscure Disney works.
- Moe: Shego, definitely. Mickey too.
- Moral Event Horizon: The Headless Horseman crosses it when he kills Hergo.
- Nightmare Retardant: In the beginning of University, there is a serious prologue with Alex Russo about to risk her life, and putting a sleeping spell on her boyfriend so he is not in danger as well. As she steps out into the ominous rain, she hears a hidden being emit an Evil Laugh... that sounds like "BOOOOYAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"
- One-Scene Wonder: Bert.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: War Is Hell.
- Also, not everyone who fought on the Nazis' side was irredeemably evil.
- Take That, Scrappy!: The Imagination Movers only appear in one chapter of University, and all they do is briefly get in the way of the protagonists. The author himself said that he only included them for completionism, and that they definitely won't be appearing again.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Political?: Well, given that it takes place during World War II...
- The Woobie: Many of the characters qualify to some extent, but the biggest one has gotta be Shego. At five years old, she is forced to fight in a horrible, bloody war against her will, only to see her sister get killed by the Headless Horseman, which leads to her having to burn the Headless Horseman while it's wearing her sister's head and getting Heroic BSoD from it, and all while having to take orders from the completely unsympathetic Major Monogram. Seriously, after reading all that, you will want to hug her.
YMMV / Lost Tales of Fantasia