- Alternate Character Interpretation: Arguably the point of the film.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: Several of the Vaudevillian-style musical bits (particularly The Waiter) have little bearing on the plot and seem to be there mostly to fill time.
- Foe Yay: Justin and Lo have a bit early on. And a lot later on.
- Fridge Brilliance: There are two characters who we see smoke during the film - Lo and April.
- Fridge Horror: A mild example, but after Justin's "The Reason You Suck" Speech to Lo, we get The Reveal that April and Lo are the same person... meaning that he inadvertently validated all of Lo's behavior up to that point to drive him away from her.
- Nightmare Fuel: The demons. Also, a firsthand account of Hell's suffering, courtesy of a couple of condemned souls.
- Tear Jerker: April and Justin's parting scene, where Justin realizes that Lo is April and that they can't be together even though they still love each other.
- The story of the two condemned souls that appear to Justin. They were so desperate to have a child that they made a Deal with the Devil...only for the child they desperately wanted to come out stillborn. Ouch.
YMMV / Lo