- Alternate Character Interpretation: The titular Lightbringer has been subject to many alternate interpretations by other writers (such as those of The Crossoverlord and Mark Banilbo's rewrite) or critics. One of the most popular interpretations is being well-intentioned but dense in Crossoverlord.
- Some see him as the Devil, thanks to his unfortunate powers and name.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Hannah Ments after Issue 8. Her alter ego of Osprey has certainly helped.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: Subverted. While Linkara states that he thinks utter pacifism allows evil to go unchecked, Lightbringer's speech seems more about apathy then the political philosophy, and it's clear that he holds himself back despite his obvious disgust for criminals. Still, it's scary how easily Lightbringer could become a Knight Templar if he didn't have his morals.
- Growing the Beard: Most agree that the series leap-frogged in quality around issue 7, which gave Hannah more development and had her call out Carter.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: A man born with light powers whose existence ushers in an age of superheroes. Of all things to predict My Hero Academia...
- Serious moments in the Linkara-drawn issues get weighted down by the art often.
- And then there's Smiling Man stealing a breast-sizing machine to leap through dimensions.
- So Bad, It's Good: The early illustrations as well as the writing all throughout, make it this in the eyes of many.
YMMV / Lightbringer