- Awesome Music:
- Better on DVD: According to Radnor himself, the movie is better in it because it contains a total of 20 minute Deleted Scenes.
- Cult Classic: Mainstream wise, it isn't successful. But those who've seen it speaks greatly of it.
- Funny Moments:
Jesse: "She's like the best teacher I had here!"(Prof. Hoberg gives him a Death Glare)Jesse: "She's like the second best teacher I had here." (whistles)
- Prof. Hoberg and Jesse's early conversation upon seeing Prof. Fairfield.
- He Really Can Act: The film's main praise stems from the cast's (particularly, Olsen, Radnor, Efron and Magarro) surprisingly strong performances.
- Heartwarming Moments: The film is packed with these.
- Any scenes of Jesse and Dean.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- One-Scene Wonder: Nat steals every scene he is in.
- Tear Jerker:
- Prof. Hoberg begging the school head to allow him to come out of retirement and failing.
- Zibby's heartbreak after being rejected by Jesse.
- Zibby and Jesse's final scene, particularly her breaking after realizing that Jesse and her are indeed Better as Friends at the end.
YMMV / Liberal Arts