- Acceptable Targets: All religions and religious figures, but Catholics in particular. Gabriel even goes as far as to call the a global pedophile ring in the Dream Web playthrough.
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Quite a few!
- Dizzy is a manic depressive who's just one one of his "good days" in Fantasy World Dizzy.
- Alex Kidd is a closeted ashamed homosexual, with High-Tech World being a humongous metaphor for him trying to come to terms with it. For example, the infamous 100 prayers puzzle solution is Alex desperately trying to "pray out the gay."
- Future Wars's main character and his love interest is a high functioning autistic and a robot, respectively.
- John Glames isn't a particularly smart or savvy secret agent, he kinda just manages to fumble his way to victory.
- Kent Knutson or Cunt Cuntson, Double Cunt, Cunt Squared, or The Monster Kent Knutson, is a sociopathic dispicable human who thoughtlessly kills countless people. He also thinks we've misjudged Colombian drug lords.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: Yahtzee and Gabe discussing public accountability in American politics, complete with Gabe wanting a Donald Trump presidency "to see America hit rock bottom", in episode nine of their Dark Souls 2 playthrough.
- Growing the Beard: Yahtzee and Gabe started doing Let's Plays months after discontinuing the short lived 'Show and Tell Podcast', the series found it's feet when it was renamed Let's Drown Out and combined the formats of the Let's Play and podcast.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Gabriel's first sentence in their Faster Than Light video is a slightly mangled quote from Henry V, namely "Once more into the breach". Three years later Subset Games, the authors of FTL, had released a game with such title.
- What an Idiot!: In Gabriel's playthrough of the Resident Evil remaster, he chooses to play as Jill Valentine because of her increased inventory. He then proceeds to fill it up with three separate weapons, multiple healing items, and ink ribbons, despite typewriters almost always being found near item boxes. Then he complains about having no room for more items and having to backtrack to an item box.
YMMV / Let's Drown Out