- Ear Worm: The 1990s opening theme can stick in the brain, and not just for French people who were kids in the 1990s.
- Fandom Rivalry: Among French nostalgics of The '90s, there's a divide between those who think the Club Dorothée was the better kids show and those who think Les Minikeums was. Of note, most of those who watched the Club Dorothée were born in the late 1970s-early 1980s while those who watched Les Minikeums were born in the mid-to-late 1980s.
- Gateway Series: This show introduced France to the DC Animated Universe in the 1990s starting with Batman: The Animated Series, and that move did much to increase interest in DC Comics characters there.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: A skit from 1995 has Vaness (a puppet based on actress Vanessa Paradis) asking Zaza if she has seen the Johnny Depp movie from the night before. Vanessa Paradis and Johnny Depp would be in a relationship from 1998 to 2012.
- Seasonal Rot: The MNK years (2000-2002) were reviled for removing much of what children loved about the puppet parts of the show. The colorful and practical office sets were removed and replaced by a grey futuristic CGI background, the music videos, comedic skits and Cinékeum short films were removed as well. Audience ratings plummeted, and the show was terminated as a result.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!:
- This was the overwhelming reaction to the 2000-2002 revamp MNK, for reasons mentioned in Seasonal Rot above.
- Many 30-something year old people who were fond of the original show when they were children generally do not hold the 2010s revival in very high regard, partly because the cast includes puppets imitating the likes of Kev Adams and Norman Thavaud (who are especially reviled by such older generations and beloved by younger ones) instead of the older ones. Nostalgia Filter applies heavily, naturally.
YMMV / Les Minikeums