- Best Known for the Fanservice: The one scene most people remember from the film is Tina Reeves, the female doctor getting her pants ripped off towards the end, and spending the rest of the film running around in a t-shirt and panties. That, and the alien princess giving the heroes a death sentence by showing them her breasts.
- Bizarro Episode: In Space manages to be incredibly bizarre even compared to the other films.
- Nightmare Fuel: The mutated half-human half-spider hybrid surprisingly is this.
- Special Effect Failure:
- Most of the Leprechaun sequels are subpar, but part 4 has some awful effects, including terrible early CG. The director himself called it "less than Playstation 1 quality".
- The Leprechaun's death by Explosive Decompression not only uses the type of cheap morphing effects that most home computers could do in the late 1990s, but the actual moment of the explosion is clearly the footage of Dr. Mittenhand's death tinted green. You can see a split-second of what presumably was the shot originally intended to be used for the Leprechaun's death... which shows him exploding into a cloud of flat polygons, like something you might see in an episode of ReBoot.
YMMV / Leprechaun 4: In Space