- Author's Saving Throw: Darhk being able to best Sara in combat, since many thought in "Arrow" Season 4 his fighting skills were subpar for a man who was a contemporary of Ra's Al-Ghul (though the implication was he had become too reliant on his magic).
- Growing the Beard: Many thought that Season One was extremely lackluster, and while this episode had its flaws it's a big step in the right direction. The fact that the staid Vandal Savage has been replaced by the far more interesting duo of Damien Darhk and Eobard Thawne also helps.
- Narm: Native German speakers might either end up crying from laughter or holding their ears in shame about how horribly their language is butchered. Especially Damien Darhk has a horrible pronunciation.
- Recycled Plot: Sara's desire to kill Darhk to prevent Laurel's death is very similar to Barry's desire to stop the Reverse-Flash from killing his mom. The subversion in this case is that while Barry saving Nora caused an Alternate Timeline, Sara killing Darhk would be a futile effort, as time would compensate and have Laurel die by other means.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Retrieving the scattered team members could have filled at least a few episodes all on its own, allowing for more personal stories.
YMMV / Legends Of Tomorrow S 2 E 1 Out Of Time