- Americans Hate Tingle: Given how straight the Oireland trope is played here, this film got absolutely slated by Irish critics and audiences.
- Cliché Storm: This is not so much a film as it is the feeding every Rom Com and Oireland cliche imaginable into a blender and making the audience drink the result.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: When Anna describes her job to Declan, he gives her a double-take, goes Let Me Get This Straight......and finally says, "You're a con artist!" Cut to a few years later, and what does Amy Adams play in American Hustle...?
- So Okay, It's Average: Amy Adams is lovable as ever, though.
- The Un-Twist: So you were maybe anticipating a "shocking" twist of Jeremy proving his worth to Anna and securing her heart after all, while Declan, after all the Belligerent Sexual Tension and inevitable developing chemistry, does not become the superior choice that she runs to in the end? Nope.
- The Woobie: Amy Adams suffering as the Butt-Monkey easily invokes this. Especially after Anna misses the train, and finally sheds tears at how nothing has worked out on this journey so far.
YMMV / Leap Year