- Fridge Horror:
- The game mechanics allow a character to find weapons in, say, the High School, and most After Action Reports point this out, with characters expressing disbelief that their kids have access to firearms, or think that the weapon belonged to somebody who was about to go Columbine before the Zombie Apocalypse showed up.
- Of all the Heroes from the main game and expansions, only three reappear in Timber Peak. The fact Sheriff Anderson has the card Haunted Memories played on him is especially disturbing, since his son, Billy, is one of the unaccounted for heroes.
- Combine Father Joseph with Becky; on a 3+ and a wound you take out a zombie card, then you heal him. Or you could just have the Father pray in the church for a few rounds and make him invincible.
- Give Johnny the Chainsaw.
- Jade, with advanced abilities. Put her on her own segment with a strange character, and she will roll 4 fight dice, not including the bonuses from weapons. Combine this with the fact that she is not wounded if she rolls doubles on any of these dice, and can spend a move action to heal in the event that she is, and you have yourself a One-Man Army.
- The hedge trimmer. It neutralizes swarming, the zombies' main offensive tactic.
YMMV / Last Night on Earth